Monday, December 29, 2008

Far away

==========================================================

- Raghu


I dreamt a dream
I could fly

By the lake on the rocks
I sat alone
all fingers pointed at me

My own kin too weak
To stand up for me
I took the blame alone

What was it that I did?
I was born a tad late?
I didn’t get to choose

I tried my best to fit in
To share the laughter
But all I found was shame

I looked up to you
To lead the way
You left me behind

All I wanted to do
Was share
The happiness you had

It’s been a while
Things’ve changed
The dream’s taken over

Its not bitterness
But a detachment
I don’t want to share

In this little cave
Filled with my dreams
I’ll reach the skies
Far away from your sight
I'll be happy all alone
And you’ll never know


=========================================================

1 comment:

Medha! said...

Seems like a defence mechanism. :)